Friday, October 19, 2018

ADVENTurer Scarf & Wrap

Ambah O'Brien has some fun planned for December.
The Adventurer Scarf & Wrap was designed with a Yarn Advent Calendar in mind to make the most of daily mini skein gifts that appear. There are so many possibilities — add colours randomly, arrange your minis in a gradient fade, or use a main colour and alternate with mini skeins. This is also a perfect way to use up all those leftover yarns hiding in your stash. Simple garter stitch and chevron eyelet lace keeps this a mindless knit; easy shaping and the regular colour changes will keep you wanting to knit on. What adventure will you take with your Adventurer Scarf & Wrap? Choose between the narrower Scarf or wide Wrap versions.
The pattern is in pre-release. You purchase it now and it will be in your Ravelry library November 30.

The yarn requirements
-fingering weight
-25 mini skeins each consisting of 32m (35 yards) for the scarf or 55m (60 yards) for the wrap
-or go through your stash and use all the leftovers from shawls that you have made

We have a lot of mini skein kits on the way from Frabjous Fibers that would work great for the Wrap.

The five colour kits are Cheshire Cat. These have 128 yards each so one kit is actually like 10 colours. There is no reason why you can't repeat colours.






The 8 colour packs are in Mary Ann Sock. These mini skeins are 118 yards each. One kit is like 16 colours.




We have a lot of mini skeins in stock. Some are in kits and others are individual skeins.
There amazing colours are Jilly from Dream in Color. These mini skeins have 75 yards.
The possibilities are endless. There is a lot of time to play with colours. I'm a bit tired today so I'll play next week.

My flight home was good. Lynn and I shipped out a lot of yarn this morning. Now she is straightening and I'm supposed to be updating the website. She doesn't know that I'm writing so that I don't have to tonight.

I'm into my second fade colour. I love it. It is a good thing that I stopped my grey when I did. This is all I had left from the skein. I don't think I would have made 2 more rows.

Now the Great Canadian Baking Show and then bed.

No comments: