Friday, October 06, 2017

Espe

Linda came in wearing her Find Your Fade. Oh my goodness. I love the colours.
It's perfect for a cool summer evening. It will be fantastic in the middle of winter over black, grey or jeans. What a way to add some happiness to a cold winter day.
Linda used Hedgehog Skinny Singles. Our stock is a bit low right now but that should change next week - there are 2 large boxes at Canada Customs.

We get asked all the time about how to decide which size sweater to knit. Especially when the pattern says something like 'meant to be worn with 2" positive ease'.

The newest Twist Collective is out and there is a great article about Ease. I did a bit more searching about Ease and came up with another article from a previous Twist Collective.

Of course I purchased a pattern while I was flipping through the magazine. There are many great patterns in this issue.
Inspired by the spectacular colors of the Colorado aspen groves in autumn, this wrap uses lace leaf motifs that let the beautiful colors of the gradient yarn take center stage.The shawl is worked in one piece, side-to-side, from a tiny six-stitch cast on, and it increases along one edge forming a practical, elongated triangle. A simple yarn over edging is worked along the two longer sides; this can be used for finishing since the blocking wires can be easily threaded through the yarn overs.
Pattern: Espe (purchase on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 balls of Freia Shawl Ball. I like the new colours Mist but I could change my mind tomorrow :)
Well, it's a few hours later and I've been watching baseball. I love the post season. I decided to knit Espe in Arranmore Light from The Fibre Co. The yarn is awesome. Beth commented that it is boring but not everyone wants a wild coloured shawl. It was a great way for me to try the yarn. I really like it. The wool/cashmere/silk blend feels good in your hands. The pattern is easy to follow. The project gets two thumbs up so far.

No comments: