Thursday, October 26, 2017

Classic

Ms. Canada Post dropped off a box from Lynda today. I am in love. I need this. Unfortunately I had it knit in a size to hang in the store and not a size to fit me. Maybe that will be her next project :)

Pattern: Library Vest - we have copies in the store or you can purchase on Ravelry
Sample Size - finished bust 43". Long length
With simple styling that lends itself to the classroom, workplace or weekend, this vest is so classic, so quintessential, it could become your uniform. The jumper length has a certain schoolgirl chic. The abridged, hip-length version is a flattering layer without the bulk of a sweater. Either way, it’s a nice little primer of techniques you’ll use again and again.
Yarn: Arranmore Light - 4 skeins

The yarn is a blend of wool, cashmere and silk. Make sure you feel it the next time you are in the store.

The cowl with the vest is the Ombre Cowl Hood (pattern free on Ravelry). It is knit with 3 balls of Kidsilk Haze from Rowan. You are knitting two strands at once on 5mm needles. Quick and easy.

We had fun playing with different colour combinations.


Linda stopped by today to show off her Dotted Rays - Speckled Fade. Stunning. I should have put it on over the vest. It will look amazing with browns or greys.
Alex knit the shawl for me in purple. Now I think I want it in more neutral colours. We will have a lot of fingering weight yarns coming in November - Hedgehog, Long Dog Yarn, Fuse Fiber. Maybe Uschitita and Primrose (if not November then December).

Now back to Veronika. The first ball is almost knit and I need to wind more.

No comments: