Monday, April 24, 2017

Kites

Brian Smith has a new shawl pattern out called Colourwheel Kite. The pattern can be purchased on Ravelry.
Colourwheel kite uses 3 balls of Sirdar’s Colourwheel yarn. We start by knitting a kite shape using decreases and increases for the main body. We then pick up stitches along one edge to work the right wing. Finishing with an i-cord along the length of the wingspan (optional) Choose your colours, cast on and let your kite fly.  
Stitches and techniques used:  
Garter stitch  
Slip slip knit  
Knit into front and back  
Knit two together  
Knit three together  
Slip one purlwise 
I-cord  
Picking up stitches



You need 2 balls of Colourama (colour 201)

and 1 ball of Perfectly Pretty (colour 200)

The yarn is $24.95 a ball and we have 6 colours in stock.

I am not a Leaf fan (my dad is but Beth and I have been Sabres fans since we were little kids). It was sad last night to see the Leafs lose. They played so well and I think that they will be an exciting team for years to come. I meant to blog but I couldn't tear myself away from the game.

There's a lot of activity at my house this morning. I'm working on my tax return. Beth is home right now doing her tax return as well as my parent's. The builder of our house is here doing the two year warranty items. The furnace guy has been here too. I'm hiding in my sewing room/office.

Great news!! Our next Hedgehog order is going to be dyed at the end of the week. I'd say that it should be here by the middle of May.

It's been a long day in front of the computer and now it's time to knit. The Good Fight and Billions are waiting for me.

No comments: