Thursday, April 27, 2017

Bambara Wrap

From Ambah's newsletter that came this morning
I am delighted to share my newest pattern, Bambara Wrap with you
Named for the Australian Aboriginal word for forest, Bambara wrap was inspired by a walk in my local bush. The greens of the landscape were translated perfectly into yarn by Primrose Yarn Co, who dyed the amazing colours based on my forest walk inspiration. Bambara is a generously-sized wrap, knit on the bias with simple shaping and alternating sections of lace and garter. The colours and patterns weave together like the layers of a melody, calling to mind the iconic sound of The Cure’s A Forest. It’s the perfect opportunity to play with colour – use a 3-skein gradient with a coordinating contrast colour, mix speckles and solids in 4 different colours for a fun, bold look, or keep it subtle with neutral solids. 
As usual I have a special introductory offer for my new pattern; enjoy 20% off through midnight May 2, no code needed just add to your cart. 
See Bambara on Ravelry here.




I had fun last night making up Find Your Fade kits.

Some yarn came home with me. I couldn't help myself. Will I start this one on Sunday or will I start Bambara? I haven't started to think about colours - I'll go through the boxes while we're unpacking tomorrow afternoon :)

No comments: