Saturday, March 04, 2017

Thanks for your help

Thanks for all your donations for the Ancaster Community Food Drive.

Beth picked up the food and money this morning to deliver it.

We had $840 and a lot of cans.

Our last customer of the day drew the names for our winners.

The winner of the gift basket is Sara T-D from Milton.

The winner of the Log Cabin Afghan kit is Tracey W from London.

Congratulations ladies.




Beth worked today sorting food and sent me this picture. They collected 102,500 pounds of food plus 15,000 pounds of potatoes.

So far the Marled Magic is fun. I'm going to include a picture of mine so far at the end of the post.

Many of you are afraid of the mystery aspect. I totally understand. If you are going to spent money and that many hours knitting something you want to make sure you're going to like it. This is a bit different. You don't have to purchase any yarn. You can make the whole shawl with stash. Think about it, use up stash and then you get to purchase new yarn :)

You are doubling your yarn and knitting on 5mm needles. This makes it go much quicker.

Here is a link to the Ravelry forum post with pictures of shawls so far. Stephen West writes a very good, easy to follow pattern. He includes videos links as well.

I'm mixing yarns from
-Mrs. Crosby
-Lorna's Laces
-madelinetosh
-Hedgehog
-Malabrigo
-Life in the Long Grass
-Prism
-Frabjous Fibers

One strand has been constant throughout this piece. The other strand changes every 2, 4 or 6 rows. I started out trying to grade my colours and then decided to reach in the bag and pull out a ball. That was my next colour.
Tomorrow I need to work some rows on my LITLG Find Your Fade. Once I'm finished the third colour of that shawl I can use the rest of the skein in this shawl.

No comments: