Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Power Outage

There is a great new pattern that uses Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock. You can purchase the pattern for Brackenreid on Ravelry.
Brackenreid is a slightly asymmetrical shawl/scarf, worked sideways on the bias, using garter stitch and an eyelet pattern.

Yarn used
Debbie Bliss Rialto luxury sock
1 ball shade New Orleans
1 ball shade Mutek
Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock is an exquisitely marled single-ply yarn with a gorgeous gradient quality. This smooth, hard-wearing superwash wool and polyamide blend would make fabulous socks, but it works equally well for shawls, cowls, or hats!

Take a look on Ravelry at all the great patterns designed by Brian Smith.
Started knitting when I was 25, but it didn’t last long. Couple of sweaters I think. I remember knitting a sweater for my mother which I thought was fabulous at the time. Looking back it was hideous and my mother was very tactful and gracious when accepting it.

Started again early 2011. Found Ravelry and it renewed my enthusiasm. Spent a few months buying other designers patterns, knitting them and learning as much as I could. There were still one or two disasters, but I can now say that my mother has a few gifts that I know she really likes.

Decided to try my hand at designing. Started with a scarf, then a shawl and truly loved the process of seeing something develop on my needles.
We had some fun in the store today. The winds in and around Ancaster were crazy. At one point today the wind at the Hamilton Airport was 114 km/hour. Just before 2pm the power went out in the store. I stayed until 3:30 and then gave up. I could knit but I couldn't help customers - they couldn't see the yarn. I couldn't ship mail orders. I couldn't blog. Tim's and Starbucks didn't have power so I couldn't get a tea. That's when I locked the door. I've been watching on Twitter and it should be back on around 8pm.

The next season of Survivor starts tonight. My knitting is ready.

No comments: