Sunday, October 26, 2014

Spectra

Look what I found today. I was going through my bags of yarn and unfinished projects.
Pattern: Spectra by Stephen West 
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock and tosh merino
Spectra is a simple lightweight scarf featuring two fingering weight yarns. Short row shaping creates a dramatically curved edge that coils and playfully drapes. Basic intarsia technique entwines two strands of yarn, creating seamless wedges that resemble a rainbow or color wheel. You won’t want to stop knitting as the colors unfold!
The scarf was finished but I hadn't blocked it. It's lying out in my bathtub drying right now. When dry I will sew in the ends.

I was curious as to when I knit the shawl. I posted on December 27, 2011 that the knitting was finished. Not good. Almost three years to block a project.

I forgot something in yesterday's post. If you are going to do the Westknits KAL, please share pictures in our Ravelry group. I love pictures!

I'm trying to write while flipping between the baseball and football games. It isn't going well. The best solution is to sign off and sit on the couch with my knitting :)

No comments: