Thursday, November 14, 2013

Meet Gabrielle


My new project. I've been in a bit of a knitting lull lately. I can't explain it but it happens sometimes. I have lots of great projects on the go but nothing is keeping my interest. Sometimes a new project is needed. Gabrielle is going to get me back on track. I have yarn, the pattern, the needle, waste yarn and crochet hook for provisional cast on and stitch markers. I'm ready to start.

Beth wound two skeins for me.
Majestic Tweed from Classic Elite

40% wool
20% angora
20% silk
20% nylon

It's knitting up quickly. 5.5mm needles help. I did the provisional cast on and 10 rows while watching Grey's Anatomy. Now a few more rows while watching football.

I like purple but the purple yarn is not part of the jacket. The back is knit from the centre back to the sleeve and then I take out the provisional cast on, put the stitches back on the needle and work from the centre back to the other sleeve. I picked a yarn that will be easy to see when I need to put the stitches back on the needle.

The lull might be over. I need to say good night so that I can get back to my needles.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

:) What a beautiful project. :) I hope you'll keep showing us the progress and finished product.