Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Amore

Mr. UPS came in this afternoon with a big box from Rowan. Two new yarns. Kidsilk Amore (above) and Kidsilk Amore Shimmer (below).
Amore is Rowan's Kidsilk Haze in a multi strand and chainette construction, giving all the luxury of Kidsilk Haze in a heavier weight. Ideal for accessories and small projects.
Amore Shimmer is Rowan's Kidsilk Haze in a multi strand and chainette contruction, giving all the luxury of Kidsilk Haze and an extra sparkle. Ideal for accessories and small projects 

Fibre Content:
Mohair: 66%, Silk: 27%, Polyester: 4%, Nylon: 3%

Yarn Ball Weight: 
 50g

Yarn Meterage/Yardage: 
 37/40

Tension/Gauge Stitches: 
 7½-9

Tension/Gauge Rows: 
 10-12½

Knitting Needle, MM: 
 10-15

There are some great patterns on Rowan's website that use one ball.

I was supposed to start knitting with a secret ball of it last night so that I could show it knit up today but things got in the way. Then I thought I would get some done in the store today. Didn't happen. Then I came home from work to internet problems. I've been on the phone with my internet provider, on and off,  for the past 2 hours. They are stumped. It's really cutting into my knitting time.

I did do a bit of work in there too. Cheques were written-my suppliers like to be paid :) I've been working on the Camp brochure as well. Sally Melville has a lot of very interesting classes. Narrowing it down has been hard. There has also been the small issue of working with Windows 8. I am no where close to mastering it. All of a sudden I'm typing away and the screen changes on me. I could pull out my old MacBook but I really need to get the hang of the new Windows so I'm sticking with it. Sally's classes are done and now I'm working on Kate. It would be much easier if they only had a few good classes.

Now Kate is done and there is one last decision. What am I going to teach? Do I want to pick a project and have everyone work on it or do I want to teach a technique??? I'm thinking one project and one technique. What project? Hmmmm. Something for me to think about tonight instead of sleeping :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Do you have the Rowan Amore Collection in the store? I see a slouch hat with a furry pom pom in my future and I love the scarf, snood.

Polly