Monday, January 02, 2012

Moebius

The weather today is weird. When I came to work we were having snow squalls and freezing rain. Then it was sunny and calm. Now the snow is coming again.

I told you that I was on a mission. Here is Rochdale sewn together. It didn't fit properly on the mannequin and I was rushing to get the picture taken. Really this was just to show that I finished something.

There were a few bad words being thrown around at my house yesterday afternoon. It took 3 tries to get the first sleeve in. You'd think it was my first day putting together a garment.

It is in need of blocking but I want to get all the ends sewn in first. I'm not sure what I did while I was knitting but there are a million ends.

Remember I said that I could start something if it was a small store sample. Last night I retaught myself Cat Bordhi's Moebius Cast On and am making a cowl. The yarn is Chunky from Misti Alpaca. 100% Alpaca. What a dream to knit with. We have 6 colours in the store and more will be coming.

I have one ball knit with one more to go. I'm in a rush to get it finished - I'm going to teach this in February. The class schedule needs to get finished and I need a picture of the Moebius.

I'm home now. I stayed at work until I got the Moebius cast off. All 340 stitches.

I used 7mm, 120cm addi needles and cast on 170 stitches. With Cat's method you end up with double the number cast on.


I have the label in front of me now. The yarn is 100% Baby Alpaca. Very, very soft and a dream to knit with. I know I said this already but I really liked the yarn.

The yarn was also very easy to roll into a ball. Sometimes skeins get tangled but I just hung this over a chair and away I went.

There should be a shipment of madelinetosh arriving later this week including some yarn for me. I have to get something else finished before I can start so I'm signing off to get knitting.

No comments: