Sunday, January 22, 2012

Freia Yarns

In the past I talked about Freia yarns. These yarns take a lot of time to dye. The natural coloured yarn is knit up on a knitting machine. Then it is dyed, ripped out, washed and balled. By doing this every ball only repeats the colours once. There are never colour breaks in the yarn so the striping will always match from ball to ball.

We have the yarn in worsted and lace weight. There are six new colours coming as well as new patterns.

Tina originally designed this pattern in Noro (we had a sample in the store) and she has reknit it in her Freia.








It's time to put my feet up and relax. Tomorrow morning is going to be early again. I'm meeting Amy from madelinetosh before the show. I can't wait to see the new colours.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Christine Karczmarczyk said...

That is stunning ... wow.

Irene said...

Fabulous looking, Hard to knit?

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Hi Julie,

Can you provide a link to the pattern if you have it? I have some yarn that I think is perfect, but o need to check yardage. Thanks. Wendie

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Hi Julie, can you please provide a link to the pattern for this. I think I have the perfect yarn, but need to check yardage.
Thanks. Wendie

Julie said...

Irene-it isn't hard to make. Just knit and purl. It is worked from side to side.

Julie said...

Wendie-I don't know if the pattern is available online. I will check when I get home-limited Internet while away.