Monday, February 15, 2021

Happy Family Day

I spent time in the store this morning packing orders. I wanted to get as many boxes in the mail today as possible (22 went out) since I might not be in the store tomorrow. They are calling for a lot of snow. Maybe a foot (30cm). I live on a street that isn’t plowed early. As soon as I can get out I’ll head to the store.

Dad and Lucy came and made boxes. Beth told dad that it was Family Day so he should spend time with me at the store. Thanks Beth. Now we have boxes for the week.

Caitlin Hunter has a new pattern (purchased on Ravelry).

Talvinen is a colorwork yoke sweater worked from the top down. This design is intended to be worn with 2-4” 5-10 cm of positive ease, depending on your personal preference. Optional A-line shaping is achieved by going up a needle size as you knit the body and sleeves.

Inspired by the Sielulintu- the soul-bird in Finnish folklore, Talvinen means winter in Finnish. It is a little tribute to my Finnish grandmother, Julia, and a reminder of the beauty of winter, my favorite season.

I used Biches&BĂ»ches Le Petit Lambswool for my sample- the rustic and lofty fingering weight is wonderful for colorwork, blocks beautifully and comes in a stunning range of colors!

Photos © Caitlin Hunter 

We have lots of Le Petit Lambswool in stock and more should be coming next week. Caitlin used Dark Orange Grey for the body of her sweater which will be in the boxes.




From our back door. It is coming down.
Boscoe is covered in snow. He would play out there all night if we’d let him.

No comments: