Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Uneek

Mr. Canpar brought in a big box of brand new colours from Urth Yarns.
There are 5 brand new Uneek Sock Kits. Two balls of yarn that match perfectly and will make one pair of socks. I took pictures of each kit outside so that you can see the actual balls of yarn.









There are new colours of Uneek Fingering. I put together combinations for Butterfly which has always been one of our most popular shawls.

Uneek 3022 with Hedgehog Sock Wish (above) and SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock Stealth Mode (below).

You can purchase the pattern for Butterfly on Ravelry.
This short row shawl looks lovely in either a long transition mutli-colorway or in placed color OR with bits and pieces from your STASH. 
Instructions are expressed in a new and unique method which I developed and that most American knitters are familiar with. The instructions let you know when you are on the right side or wrong side and gives extensive stitch counts. For some, it takes away a lot of the confusion sometimes found in other expressions of short rows. 
There is a lot of counting and this is very important. It is not a great project to knit while only partially focused in the short row sections. But there is also a lot of plain, garter knitting employed. For every short row section, there are rows in between that are more simple to execute. 
A few pattern notes:  
Pre-reading of this pattern can cause confusion. If it does not make sense when doing this, try casting on and only reading a bit ahead to see if it starts to make sense as you work. 

Uneek Fingering 3024 with Glacier and Pumpkin.

I thought I took a picture of 3024 with purple but it isn’t on my phone. Trust me - it looks great with purple.

Uneek Fingering 3025 with Stealth Mode and Glacier.
Take a look on Ravelry for great pattern suggestions for Uneek Fingering.

Kerstin sent me a picture of her latest shawl. It is gorgeous!! Kerstin did a beautiful job. The more I see the shawl the more I love it.
I bought the back to basics Passegiata Wrap kit in March and have only just gotten around to knitting it. It was so much fun to watch the colours unfold.  
I have knit a number of shawls over the past few years and, although I like them, I find that I don’t wear them very often. That will not be the case with my Passegiata wrap. I love it and I know it will get a lot of use. It’s beautiful to look at and it’s a functional and easy to wear wrap. Thanks for stocking this gorgeous yarn!
Boscoe is enjoying his time at the cottage.

No comments: