Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Andrea Mowry

Thank you Andrea for letting me share pictures of your amazing patterns. These pictures are all ©Andrea Mowry.
Meet Nightshift - the pattern is purchased on Ravelry.
I had so much fun knitting The Shift cowl, that when the Spinsters told me they were coming out with a new worsted weight yarn, Dream State, I knew I had to make a Shift Shawl! This super fun shawl has an even larger canvas for color play! This pattern includes a recipe, to make it all your own, or row by row directions for those who want to play it safe!
I just checked UPS and it says that my box of Dream State should be arriving on Tuesday. We won't have all the colours that Andrea used (4 should be in the box and the other two will be coming in December) but the colours coming will make a great shawl. I will put together combinations when the box is opened.

I think this might be a project for Alex 😀


At the Woodstock Fleece Festival Sarah and Wannietta (with a little help from Lynn) decided what we are going to wear at the Knitters' Frolic in Toronto. (The show is the last Saturday in April but it's always good to plan ahead).

We're making Throwback - pattern purchased on Ravelry. I have a real love for Andrea Mowry patterns right now.
This sweater was inspired by my childhood and weekends spent in northern Michigan on the sand dunes. It is my favorite cardigan for layering and keeping warm all Autumn and Winter long! This sweater is worked flat from the top down, seamlessly, except for the sleeves which are knit in the round.
For the main body we are using Woolstok and then 3 colours of Dream State for the yoke. Wannietta is ready to go. Sarah is waiting on one colour for the yoke. Lynn and I haven't chosen colours yet.


Here is a bit about Andrea from her Ravelry page.
I am a work-at-home mama and knitwear designer who has a hard time ever putting down the needles. I love all this amazing craft has to offer- from needles, fibers and patterns to the amazing community that holds it so dear. I am always looking to meet others who share a love for knitting and crafting so please feel free to drop by and join my group DreaReneeKnits!! 
I would love to see your finished projects here and on Instagram! You can share them in my Dreareneeknits Ravelry Group!
The Andrea Mowry patterns that I have knit
Find Your Fade x 3
Free Your Fade
Comfort Fade Cardi

The Andrea Mowry patterns hanging in the store
The Shift
So Faded x 2

Yes, I'm a fan.

Happy Halloween

Beth has been standing on the front porch for an hour and a half. She's seen at least 200 kids. I am sure that they've come in by bus. We have a lot of kids in our neighbourhood but not that many.
Beth's latest decoration is very fitting. Her nickname is Boo.

We've closed up shop for the night and are getting ready to watch Survivor. I'm going to work on Free Your Fade. Thanks Andrea for the great patterns.

No comments: