Friday, June 15, 2018

Hello from Cleveland

My drive was uneventful for the most part. There were a few scary moments when the transport truck in front of me blew a tire but he was able to move over safely and thankfully no rubber hit my car.
I finished with a good list. I forgot to write down Pennsylvania. Considering I drove through Pennsylvania I'm pretty sure I saw a license plate from there.

You can see Lake Erie from my hotel.
The football stadium where the Cleveland Browns play is right across from the convention centre.

I picked up my show badge in the afternoon and got a few pictures from the new products section.
There will be new Party of Five kits from SweetGeorgia.





Then I did a bit of walking. My total for the day was 12km.
I had dinner at Mabel's BBQ, Michael Symon's restaurant. It was very good.

We have many reasons for being thankful for living in Canada. I can add another to my list. We have coffee shops that stay open later than 4pm. Every Starbucks in the area closes at 4. The Dunkin Donuts I stopped into didn't have tea. There is no such thing as Tim Hortons here. The hotel was able to hook me up. It wasn't the best tea but it was better than nothing.

It's Friday morning and I'm up really early. Too early to head to the show so I've started my post. I left a little early because I was a bit yarned out. And I wanted to watch a bit of the US Open.

The Rowan booth was beautiful as always.
We will have new colours of Felted Tweed for fall along with many, many patterns.
There will be a pattern book of Kaffe Fassett designs. I can't wait!


We will have a new hardcover book from Rowan in August to celebrate their 40th birthday. Designs from past magazines. A must have for all Rowan fans.
Frabjous Fibers has new mini skein kits. These have 8 mini skeins. I ordered the kits in Mary-Ann.
A fingering weight sock base: 85% merino, 15% nylon, delightfully soft hand with the smoothness and durability you want in a fabulous sock yarn. 
Think of the amazing socks that you could make with one of these.

This shawl was knit with a new mini-skein kit. The pattern will be available when the kits arrived in July.

It's dinner time so I'm jumping on the trolley to find something to eat. They have a cool system of trolleys that run through downtown and are free. I'm back at the show tomorrow and will more pictures to share tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Rock and Roll Hall of Fame there?
Have fun...be safe.
Trina

Julie said...

Hi Trina
I can see the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame from my hotel. Unfortunately there isn't time. I'm too busy buying yarn :)

Next trip.