Friday, November 24, 2017

Socks

I was busy today ordering new yarn.

Coming from Fleece Artist.
 Festival Socks in the National Parks Collection colours.
This light fingering weight sock yarn has a nice tight twist for a durable sock. The silk adds warmth and a bit of sheen while the kid mohair increases the strength and give a subtle haze. Price $27
100g/400m.  32sts/4"  45% SW Merino, 25% Nylon, 15% Kid Mohair, 10% Silk
At this time we can only get 3 skeins of a colour and they should be arriving late next week.

I received an email from them last week that this was going to be available today at 1pm EST. I was logged into my account at 12:45 and waited patiently for 1:00. As many of you know, I'm not a patient person. The collection finally came online and I got it into my cart. It took a while for the transaction to happen - I think their website was a little overwhelmed. I waited patiently and knit. I had to have this yarn :) After 1/2 an hour it finally went through. The yarn has been shipped - that's why I needed to be patient and get it ordered at 1pm.

There is a new collection coming from Opal with 8 great colours. I'm hoping we'll have these in a few weeks.

You won't be disappointed with a pair of socks in Opal. Beth has many pairs and they are thrown in the washing machine with Tide and then in the dryer. She doesn't look after them and they look great.

425m / 465yards
75% wool / 25% polyamide
Everybody needs to collect “Energy” for the upcoming autumn and winter season. Prepare yourself with Power, Entschlossenheit (determination) and Dynamik for the cold days outside and enjoy your life with warm knitted clothes filled with Energy.

Freia Shawl Ball is on sale until Monday. Fletchling (pattern purchased on Ravelry) uses two colours - one ball each.
There wasn't much knitting today but I'm going to sit down now and do a few rows.  Two more rows and then I get to introduce the fourth colour. It's early to bed tonight. I'm in the store tomorrow and then running to Toronto for One of a Kind. I hope it's a good show this year.

No comments: