Friday, July 31, 2026

Flock Pullover

Andrea Mowry has a new pattern.

After I finished the Flock Vest, I knew I needed a pullover version as well! The Flock Pullover includes clever top-down construction, combining a saddle and drop shoulder and a gentle drop hem, with playful stripes to create a fun new wardrobe staple for your closet!


This sweater is knit from the top down (meaning you can try it on as you go and add length to suit your own personal style!), beginning with the the saddle shoulder, then picking up stitches for the back & fronts separately. Once the yoke is completed, we will join to work the body in the round. Thanks to the saddle construction, there is a gentle drop hem of approx. 1.5”/4 cm in the back. The sleeve stitches are picked up from the armhole openings and worked in the round, for a totally seamless sweater!

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Photos © Andrea Mowry


I put together a few combinations. The first two are using Cascade 220 Heathers.
9452
2452
Above is 2420 and below is 2425

I put together some colours in Malabrigo Rios. Both Cascade 220 and Rios are yarns that Andrea mentions as an alternative.
Reflecting Pool
Lettuce
Above Hollyhock and below Glazed Carrot
You will need one skein each of the contrast colours. For the main colour here are the number of skeins. These are the yardages that Andrea recommends. If you are making your sweater longer please take a look at the pattern because you might need an extra skein of the main colour
Finished bust followed by skeins
32” - 3
36” - 44” - 4
48” - 56” - 5
60” - 64” - 6
68” - 7

See all the colours

If you want to have fun you can use a solid colour for the main colour and then add Spincycle Dream State for the stripes. Here is an example on Ravelry.
My shawl is cast off. I love the colours. I don’t think there will be any blocking tonight. I was up at 5:30 to make sure I was out of the house by 7am. I was in the dentist chair from 8-9 for a cleaning. Then at 9:30 the dentist took me in to fix my tooth. The cracked tooth that actually broke late last night. I was in the chair until 11:10 and then had to rush to get back to the store. It was 12:15 when I got here - just a bit late. My head and mouth hurt - they still do.

I did make up a few one of kind kits for the Inclinations Shawl. Kit A is the colours from my shawl above. Kit B is from my colours below. More will be added to the website tomorrow.
It’s bedtime soon. The family had a great day at the cottage. They caught lots of fish (that were released) so everyone is happy.