Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Match & Move

I was looking for a shawl today and found this one in my pile. It is Match & Move that I knit a few years ago and I don’t know if I ever showed the finished project.

The unusual construction results in kinked stripes that look really interesting when you wear it. The knitting is plain garter stitch and very relaxing, and the shawl is so big and comfy, it is just a dream to wear. 


You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.




I knit this after making Find Your Fade so I faded my colours. My shawl is four skeins of fingering weight - the yarn I used is no longer available. My shawl is much bigger than the pattern because I knit all four skeins. You can easily make the shawl with three skeins.

I made two combinations with Uschitita - Days Like This on the left and Eyes Wide Shut on the right. Tiny Dancer is in the middle in the picture above and Feather is in the picture below.

LITLG Singles - Soulskin, Pewter and Moorlands.

Beth is watching the Masked Singer so it’s time to sign off. Watch your inbox - a newsletter is coming tomorrow.

I hit publish and then saw this pattern. I had to share - it’s a fun quick project.

A simple marled hat is the perfect canvas to use up your scrap yarns or mini skeins. Gather up your colours and pick them out randomly to explore the unexpected colour combinations that marling creates. The most fun combos will result when using speckled or variegated colourways, but semi-solids will work too. Knitter’s choice!

No comments: