Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Knitting

It took longer than I thought but I finally finished. It'll be blocked this week and then the ends need to be tackled. There are quite a few.

Pattern: Building Blocks (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 skeins of tosh merino light

The cast off isn't a regular cast off but the I-Cord Bind Off.
BO all sts using an I-cord BO as follows, *k2, k2tog tbl, slip 3 sts onto left needle, repeat from * until all sts are bound off.
There were 568 stitches on my needle. It takes a really, really long time to I-Cord Bind Off that many stitches.

I pulled out The Endless Wrap to work on this evening. I'm at the halfway point.
Pattern: Endless Wrap (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok

A shipment is on the way from Blue Sky and we'll have all colours back in stock.
There are new colours of Lang sock yarn in the store. 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon. We have used this yarn for many pairs of socks and don't look after them. They go in the washing machine and in the dryer. The interesting thing about Lang Self-Striping yarns is that they include heel re-inforcement yarn to strengthen the heels and toes which will lengthen the life of your sock.


We are well stocked in Magic Tweed from Lang.
Beautiful soft tweed superwash yarn. 62% Virgin Wool Superwash, 18% Nylon, 10% Viscose, 10% Acrylic.
Perfect for the person in your life who doesn't want wild socks.

No comments: