Saturday, December 17, 2016

Outside the Box

I made it to the second colour. These aren't colours that I normally work with but sometimes you need to get out of the comfortable box and try something new.

The pattern is well written and easy to follow.

There could be lots more knitting tonight. It will depend on the football and hockey games. If they aren't exciting then it might be bed. I was up very early shoveling our driveway and cleaning the cars. The roads weren't great on my drive to work and when I got the store the parking lot hadn't been cleared. I spent time shoveling until the plow arrived. I'm a bit tired tonight.

Find your Fade (pattern purchased on Ravelry)

There is a KAL for the shawl on Ravelry. The designer says that it's okay to start early so I am. I don't think it's possible but I'd love to have the shawl finished when I go to TNNA at the end of January.

I put together another combination today. This is Dandelion from madelinetosh. From top to bottom
Flycatcher Blue
Aura
Court & Spark
Whiskers
Silver Leaf
Undergrowth
Chicory

A bit subdued compared to what I am doing :) I think it will be beautiful.

As I'm writing, I received a text from my mom. Lucy is lying on the landing going upstairs.
I guess she can keep an eye on everyone from here. 

Football is about to start and my knitting is calling.

No comments: