Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Family Slippers

The minute I saw the pattern from Churchmouse Yarns I thought of my Aunt Jane. She used to make these slippers. By the dozens.
A basket near the front door heaped with these Family Slippers makes for the warmest of welcomes. Our version of these nostalgic slippers evolved from several versions of the pattern found in every auntie’s knitting bag. We finessed the toe a little but left the heel in its simplest form. Embellish your slippers with pom-poms, tassels or buttons -- or try our split cuff for a preppy Oxford shirt look. It’s so easy!
I haven't had a chance to make a pair yet but Lynn knit them over the weekend. She used double strand Cascade 220. You need 2 skeins to make adult slippers. This morning she made pompoms. Before trimming the pompoms I suggested that she steam them over a kettle or pot of hot water. This will fluff them up a bit. Then she can trim them down.
Download the pattern...

UPDATE

We are patiently waiting for our next order from Hedgehog Fibres. It left Ireland and made it to Heathrow. It's been sitting there for a few days and I'm hoping it makes it on a plane to Canada soon.

The previews of Rowan Magazine 61 are great. You can start making a wish list so you're ready when the magazine arrives.

I have a few chores to do before Survivor. I'm still up in the air as to who I want to win. I will say that it's been an exciting season with the blind sides. No one is safe.

1 comment:

Laura said...

House slippers are on my list to knit. They seem so cozy and perfect for winter! I hope your HF arrives soon.