Saturday, January 03, 2015

Peace

Thank you Churchmouse Yarns for helping me with my blog posts. Great pictures and awesome patterns.
Churchmouse Yarns has taken their Color Play Mohair Scarf (a smaller version of the wraps that I have been knitting) and worked it up in two colours of Kidsilk Haze Stripe. You need one ball of each colour and their scarf pattern (we have copies in the store.)
Because Kim Hargreaves is known for her subtle and beautiful sense of color, Rowan asked her to create six new, more tonal colorways of Kidsilk Haze Stripe 
Using our Color Play Mohair Scarf & Wrap pattern and our free adaptation, we held two different colored strands (365 Nightfall and 367 Vivid) of Kidsilk Haze Stripe together throughout to make a richly toned scarf. Because each skein stripes differently, we think watching the colors evolve makes this a compulsively knittable piece. It also means that no two scarves will be alike! 
It's kind of a trial run before knitting the wrap. You will see that it is addictive watching the colours change.

Peace (the Come Together kit) is growing. The kit has 6 patterns in it but I chose something different. It's a take off of the Technicolor Cowl from Dream in Color. When finished, I will write it up for those who purchase the kit and want to make a bigger infinity scarf.

I'm home. The roads weren't nice for the drive. Very icy. Thanks dad for letting me drive your pick up truck. The mustang would not have been happy. Football is on and I'm going to knit.

No comments: