Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Knitting Rut

As you can tell from last few posts, I haven't been doing much knitting. A few scarves have been knit but no progress has been made on my sweaters.

With the store being busy there isn't time to knit during the day and at night I am teaching or doing paper work. Also, nothing is calling my name. Sometimes it's like a sweater yelling to me 'KNIT ME' but right now nothing is very interesting.

A lady brought me this flower today. I had never met her before but she calls for advice. She is a senior living in downtown Hamilton and can't get to the store. Her native tongue is Greek and she doesn't always understand knitting patterns-something we all have problems with from time to time. (Don't get me started on pattern writers and their inability to write easy to follow patterns!!) Dad took the flower to mom because Beth and I have absolutely no clue on how to keep a plant alive.

Beth, Bev, Lisa (Bev's daughter-in-law) and I are off to King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania on Friday for a weekend of shopping. When we booked the trip it was the only free weekend-not our choice to be there Thanksgiving Weekend. The mall will be jammed but we will definitely have fun. Luckily the Expedition is big so there will be lots of room for shoe boxes.

I won't get another post done before we go away. Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a cyclamen. It really likes to be cool.
Enjoy your shopping.
Stephanie

Julie said...

Stephanie
Thanks. I know absolutely nothing about plants. My grandmother was amazing with them. Didn't get that gene though.