Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween

Our pumpkins are ready. We are setting up a table at the end of the driveway where we will lay out goodie bags for the kids. Dad has some construction lights (which will be decorated with caution table) because he thinks the end of driveway is dark. He doesn’t want kids tripping. Dad and Beth are dressing up like construction workers and I will be in the house with the dogs. There could be some knitting time.

Last year we had well over 100 kids. It will be interesting to see how many we have this year.


Xanthe Wrap is an invitation to play. Choose a trio of colours to express your style, the varations are endless; stripe two neutrals and add a lace colour pop, or keep it neutral for a classic look. Use your wildest speckle yarn striped with a solid and co-ordinating lace colour for something as fun to knit as it is to wear. The stretches of garter stitch make this a perfect project for travel or mindless knitting while beautiful lace keeps it interesting.  
Xanthe is knit on the bias which results in a rhomboid shape; it is easy to wear and will fast become a wardrobe staple.




I was pulling skeins of tosh merino light for a customer this morning when I realized that we had all the colours back in stock that I used for Xanthe. I took my friend outside and we did a small photo shoot.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. I love Ambah O’Brien’s patterns. They are easy to follow and she has charts for the lace sections as well as writing the pattern out line by line. I knit this is just over a month in 2017. 

What are my colours?

-Cactus Flower

-Medieval

-Prairie Fire

This is Ambah’s shawl.

We have a beautiful fireplace in our house but it stopped working early in the spring. We didn’t need it during the summer but it’s getting to be fireplace weather. I changed the batteries in the remote but that didn’t work. I opened up the front of the fireplace and started playing with things. Maybe not a good idea. Then I asked my friends at google and after watching two different videos it is working again. There are batteries inside the fireplace as well - who knew? I know you aren’t supposed to be proud of yourself but I am a little bit. 

No comments: