Monday, August 26, 2019

Renovation Day

The lights in the store haven't been working properly for a while and we are finally changing them. Not the bulbs - brand new fixtures. The electricians were here at 7:30 (I was here at 7:15) and hopefully they can get it all finished today. It's 9:42 and most of the store is dark. I'm sitting at the cash desk writing.

The other job today is putting up more slatwall. There are two spots. Dad and Beth should be here later this morning to do that.
It's 12:10 and the slatwall is up. Unfortunately UPS is not bringing our hooks until tomorrow so I can't hang yarn. Yes, I'm a bit bored sitting in the dark. I'm working on signs for the Knitters' Fair.
Lucy waited patiently while the work was being done.

The last bit of work done today was by Austin. He redid our front garden. There was a small patch of grass that he removed and spread out plants.


It's 3:30 and the lights are finished. I'm doing one last mail order and then I'm heading home. I don't want to complain but the lights in the store are so bright that I need my sunglasses.😎

Beth and I took dad to dinner and it's just after 8pm. Is it too soon to go to bed? I'm working on the cuff of my first sleeve. I think I have a few rows in me. I think.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Light is good when matching colors, isn't it. Your garden is pretty, too, but the real star of this post is Lucy. What a sweetie!