Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Inspira Cowl


Alex has been busy. She finished a sweater and her Nordic Arrows Shawl. It is gorgeous!! She has totally fallen in love with Brioche. I taught it at Camp this year and I must say that I'm falling in love with it as well.
Overlapping triangles in syncopated brioche – inspired by Norse Runes and Symbols – are the focus of Nordic Arrows. 
The triangular shawl is knit sideways in stripey garter stitch. A short-row border with brioche corners surrounds the shawl and i-cord edges add a finished look.

I doubled it over so that you can see the back. It's totally reversible.

She used 3 colours of tosh merino light - 2 skeins each for the shawl and 1 skein for the border.

The Inspira Cowl (pattern free on Ravelry) is such a fun knit. I have knit many, many different colour combinations. It is fairly quick and makes an amazing gift.

I did the Steampunk Version with Liberty Wool from Classic Elite. My pattern modifications were
-use 5 mm needles
-cast on 138 stitches
-no shaping

I mentioned a few days ago that the owner of Classic Elite has retired and we can't get any more yarn. It's time for our Liberty to go. It pains me to say that because it is one of my all time favourite yarns.
Liberty Wool is a super-soft, washable wool available in solid and printed colors. This yarn's balanced twist will make all stitch combinations pop.  
With all the great qualities of wool and the ease of machine washability, Liberty Wool knits at a gauge that suits many designs and is ideal for children's pieces as well as those for adults.

I'm sad but it's a great day for everyone. The kits were $43.25 for the cowl. We are marking them down to $27.50.

The kits will be in the store for a week and then we will be packing them for Woodstock.





While making kits I came up with a combination that I really liked. There is another one on the needles. It might go to the Fleece Festival half finished because I picked out yet a different combination. I usually use two colours of Liberty Print - the striping version of Liberty. We have Liberty Shadow and I think I want to knit a cowl using it as the main colour.

We are thrilled to introduce Liberty Wool Shadow. The same great worsted weight, machine washable wool you love with a hand dyed look. Subtly dyed, these tone-on-tone shades will work well together with the Liberty Wool Prints and Solids.
My chiropractor asked me this afternoon if I've been knitting a lot. I haven't been but that changed tonight. I can't stop.

My trees are starting to change. I love the colours.

No comments: