Monday, May 21, 2018

Paint the Town

Dad, Lucy and I spent some time together this afternoon. We started at Wally Parr in Caledonia. My sausage was awesome. Lucy enjoyed it as well. Then we went to see one of their jobs in Caledonia. Dad and Lucy are napping now, Beth is golfing and I'm working.

A newsletter has been finished and should go out tomorrow. Beth will proofread it later this evening.

I have been updating the website and I added a new feature. It isn't totally finished but I'm happy with it so far.

I made a section for all hand dyed fingering weight yarns. Now you can see them all in one place.

On the left of the website, click on Hand Dyed Fingering. Then click on All and you will see the full list.

Lynn finished a great looking shawl. The pattern is called Paint the Town (purchased on Ravelry). She used 3 skeins of tosh sock.
Paint the Town is a colorwork scarf, knit from end to end using three colors of fingering weight yarn. This bias knit stockinette stitch design has striped sections and garter stitch borders. Instructions are included for both striped and solid scarves.
The pattern is an easy knit. You need to know knit, purl, an easy increase and an easy decrease.

Lynn originally picked this yarn for a different shawl but after starting it decided that she didn't like it. I am sure that we have all had this dilemma. I have yarn but I don't know what to do with it. This pattern is perfect.

I'm almost to the next lace section on Fading Point. I need to move it to a longer needle so that I can spread it out for pictures. Now it's bed time. I should have had an afternoon nap.

No comments: