Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Veronika

I've been eyeing Veronika for a few days and decided today that it is going to be Lynda's next project.  The yarn is boxed and will be off to her this afternoon. She is just finishing a vest and I should have it later this week.

Pattern: Veronika (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Worsted weight. The store sample will be in Eco + from Cascade. It was used a few times on Ravelry and looks great.
With a cozy, oversized shawl collar and textured ridge stitch body, Veronika will shine knit up in your favourite worsted weight wool. Whether paired with a tank, top or dress, Veronika is effortless and stylish. It’s sure to be a cardigan you’ll reach for over and over again. Knit in one piece, the unique construction of this roomy cardi makes it a quick and fun knit!
I emailed the designer, Shannon Cook, to ask if I could use her photos for the blog. Take a look at all her amazing designs...
Hi there! I’m Shannon of Very Shannon - a Canadian knitwear design company that focuses on modern, mindful and relaxing knits. 
I am continually inspired to create designs that are easy to wear, rich in texture, and that allow makers to have fun and feel confident in both my patterns and their skills. 
I hope that my designs find their way onto your needles and into your gorgeous handmade wardrobes and that they encourage you to slow down, take a breath and sink into the rewarding process of slow fashion. 
Be mindful, relax and make. 
These photos are from Shannon's Ravelry page and are copyright K Good Photography.




Then I came up with the idea that Lynn, Sarah, Wannietta and I should knit up Veronika to wear at the Knitters' Frolic in April. We've had 'uniforms' before and it's fun for us to be matching in the booth.

Of course I cast mine on. I'm using Arranmore from The Fibre Co. It is an aran weight so a bit thicker than what the pattern calls for but I'm okay with that. Now I'm on a mission. Beth and I are flying to Vegas on December 1 and I want to have this finished to wear at night when we're out walking. It can be very cold on a December evening.
Please join us and knit this awesome cardigan.

Doreen stopped by this morning to show off her new shawl. And if your shawl is this pretty then you should show it off.
Pattern: Kiah by Ambah O'Brien (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 skeins of tosh merino light
Pick your favourite luxurious yarn and make every day more beautiful with Kiah shawl. Kiah grew out of a collaboration with local Australian yarn dyer Oyster Yarns. Simple garter stitch sets off a spectacular central lace panel that grows with the shawl, resulting in a large, airy piece perfect for warm weather wearing. The pattern is worked top-down in a symmetrical crescent shape and is lovely in any colour that strikes your fancy, from pale, go-with-anything neutrals to deep, saturated jewel tones. Choose one special skein from your stash and knit up the versatile small size, or pick two skeins for the generous large.
Now I'm back to my knitting. Baseball is on and Survivor was taped.

No comments: