Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Super Simple Summer Sweater

What a beautiful day!! Lynn and I took some pictures outside. Lynn wanted to stay outside longer but I told her to get back inside and work. LOL! We stayed outside for a while talking.

The first is the Impressionist Shawl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) knit with 2 balls of Noro Tsubame. Here is a link to the kits that we have put together.


This is Adrienne’s shawl and I love the colours! She used colours 8 & 9.

This was such a fun knit- the colours were spectacular, and the finished project is so warm and cozy. I have kept it on the back of my couch all winter and wrap myself up in it whenever I can :)


Named for the barn swallow that migrates to Japan during cherry blossom season, this is a classic worsted-weight silk/wool blend. Each oversized skein contains 656 yards making it ideal for an endless variety of one-skein projects!

We should have more stock coming next week. 




The second shawl was Pressed Flowers (pattern purchased on Ravelry). We used Malabrigo Rios - Gris and Magenta - 3 skeins of each. Diana knit this for the store on 4.5mm needles.

As I was leaving the store I snapped two quick pictures of combinations for the shawl

Both pictures are Ivory. Above is Cowboy and below is Tranquillo. Natural is another great choice for the background. I could have been taking pictures for hours because there are so many possibilities. Dark background with light flowers. Light background with dark flowers. Reverse the colours for the border....

Photos © Joji Locatelli

Joji Locatelli’s Super Simple Summer Sweater is back in the top 20 on Ravelry. This is a great pattern. 

This is a very basic sweater, with a deep circular yoke, a boxy fit and fresh looking stripes. Worked in worsted weight yarn, seamlessly from the top-down.

Knitters have used Rios, Rowan Cotton Cashmere and Rowan Creative Linen to knit it.

Make sure you check your Inbox. A newsletter went out this morning.

No comments: