Friday, August 19, 2016

Start planning for fall

I love August in the store. New yarns and books are arriving all month.

Mr. UPS delivered a box yesterday from Rowan that included a new book from Marie Wallin.
Springtime is a collection of 8 beautiful designs by Marie Wallin. The collection features Marie's signature style colourwork pieces along side elegant cabled garments. The collection features Felted Tweed and Kidsilk Haze and would be suitable for the more experienced knitter.




We are well stocked in Felted Tweed. It is one of my favourite Rowan yarns with amazing colours.

There will be 5 new shades of Felted Tweed coming for Fall and I think that they are in a shipment arriving later this afternoon.
193 Cumin
194 Delft
195 Boulder
 196 Barn Red
197 Alabaster

Classic Elite's latest Web-Letter has a free pattern for this cabled hat knit in Arietta.
Yak and merino blend for squishable luxury in worsted weight Arietta. Outstanding stitch definition and a palette of soft mid-tones make Arietta a cable knitter’s dream.


We now have the layout for the Knitters' Fair. The Needle Emporium will be in booths 12, 13 and 14.

My shawl is growing. I love the colours. The push is on - I don't know if I will get it finished. I'm trying but there are a lot of stitches and I still have a lot of yarn.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Your shawl is gorgeous. SImply amazing!