Monday, August 29, 2016

Knitters' Fair

I'm so close. We were watching The Good Wife on Saturday evening and I got to the cast off row. I thought that late on a Saturday night wasn't a good time to cast off over 500 stitches. They have to be even and not too tight. A clear head was necessary.
I went back to my Endless Wrap. I just finished the fifth skein, four to go. I got so into it yesterday that I didn't cast off the other shawl.
Ms. Lucy loves it when Beth puts the hose on. She tries to bite the water and they make a game of it. Then they go inside and snuggle while Beth rubs her dry. Beth send this picture with the caption
We had fun splash time with the hose. She looks huge in this picture!
I'm stuck in the house this morning (they are sealing the driveway and front steps) so I'm getting working on the Knitters' Fair.

Here are some of my tips if this is your first time heading to the show.

- trust me, there is lots of yarn. If you don't like lines or crowds, wait until noon to come. There will still be lots for you to see. If booths sell out of something, most are more than willing to ship it to you after the show
- bring lunch with you. Then you don't have to stand in line.
- wear something that you have knit. It's always fun to see completed projects.
- if you see something you like, mark down the booth you saw it in. I can't tell you how many times we get frantic people at the end of the day because they forgot where they saw something
- go through your Ravelry library and make notes of yarn that you are interested in. If there is a certain pattern, print that pattern and bring it with you. Also bring information on the yarn. What it's made of. Tension. Yardage. That will make it easier for me and other booths to help you substitute. When you come in the store I can do it on the computer but we have limited Internet access at the show.
- please have patience.
- the Fair isn't just for knitters. It is put on by a knitting guild - hence the name. Crocheters please come to the show. There is lots of fabulous yarns that you and your hooks will have fun working with.

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

Ms. Lucy is not the only pup who loves the water. My daughter had a frantic call from my eleven year old granddaughter in the shower. "Mom come quick...I need help!" And there was Golden Doodle puppy Katie in the shower and loving it!!!