Sunday, July 31, 2016

Gradient Kits

The shipment that arrived this week from Prism Yarns included Merino Mia Gradient kits. The yarn is 100% merino. There are 8 skeins in each kit with a total yardage of 1390m/1520 yards. The yarn is a heavy fingering weight - perfect for shawls and scarves.

From Laura Bryant at Prism
Just what you have been waiting for from us: a work horse yarn that is beautifully twisted, soft, easy to knit, has a lovely sheen and takes our vibrant, clear colors extremly well. I am going crazy working architectural knits: modules, miters and more.
The skeins are labelled one through eight so you don't have to worry about getting them in the correct order. Laura thought of everything.
Grays
Taupes

Outline is growing.
Outline in one of the gradient kits would be phenomenal. There are so many different ways that you could work the colours.
  • start at one and work to eight
  • work one, eight, two, seven...  - the shawl will go from dramatic stripes at one end to subtle stripes at the other
  • divide the balls in half - work from one to eight and then eight to one (or eight to one and one to eight)
  • randomly use the colours
I need to stop because as I keep thinking of ways to make Outline with a new kit I'm moving closer to rolling skeins into balls :)

There were a few more kits in the box - these are for the Eccentric Chevron Wrap.
Tumbleweed
Iceberg

Big Brother is taping and I need to get back to my knitting. I'm trying to get Outline finished in the next few days. Then I need a small, small project. I'm flying to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday for a few days. I'll be taking my Olympic knitting but can't start until Friday afternoon so I need an in between project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh the Blues..... I'll be in the store this week.... those gradients are spectacular...