Friday, July 08, 2016

Auburn Wave

Summer is a fun time in the store because we get a lot of out of town visitors. People are on vacation and it's great weather for driving. We have yarns that their local yarn shop might not carry. When you walk in the door you walk into the room of fingering weight yarns. The colours grab you but you might not know what you want to knit. This is always my first suggestion.
My all time favourite shawl - Auburn Wave (pattern purchased on Ravelry). It is simple to make and you have so many yarn choices. You can also make the shawl as big as you want. We keep knitting until we run out of yarn (I don't like leftovers) but you can stop when the size is right for you.

The turquoise shawl is knit with 2 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Train Case on 4mm needles.
Cathy made hers with 2 skeins of tosh merino light.
This is one of the many that I have made. (There are a few at home half way finished as well). 2 skeins of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk Single on 4mm needles.
This version is 2 balls of Freia Fingering on 4.5mm needles.

I wanted a really big version so this is 3 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Hat Box on 4.5mm needles.

The shawl is perfect for summer knitting. All you need to know is knit, purl, knit 2 together, yarn over and knit into the front and back of a stitch.
I went crazy and knit Auburn Wave in ASAP from madelinetosh. The shawl took 3 skeins and I knit it on 15mm needles.

I know that I have a few on the needles but there could be another one started when the Hedgehog gets here. The yarn has been shipped and is currently at Heathrow. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. These two colours are talking to me but I have a feeling this could change once the box is opened.
Boombox
Genie

No comments: