Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Meadowside

Last night was a late evening. There was a good hockey game on and I wanted to make it to the next colour on my shawl. I didn't have a copy of the pattern with me and I thought I was making a mistake. I looked on Ravelry and I'm doing the pattern correctly. Thank goodness. Of course I checked to see if there were any new patterns. Meadowside is new and I sent a message to the designer right away. Brian replied and gave me permission to use his pictures.
This top down shawl uses two different coloured balls of Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock yarn. Starting with a garter tab cast on, striped garter stitch sections separate a simple eyelet pattern.
Pattern: Meadowside (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn used: Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury sock yarn
1 ball 07 Weather
1 ball 03 New Orleans

The colour possibilities are endless. We're going to have fun with this one.

The weather is beautiful so my friend and I went outside for pictures of my knitting. I wish that you could touch the screen and feel the yarn. It is super soft and has a lot of drape.

My parents are home from Myrtle Beach so we have flags again. Unfortunately the wind is blowing and one is caught. I thought about sitting and waiting for it to come loose but there was work to do.
I'm very afraid to write this but I think we are ready for the Frolic. There are two shipments arriving next week and we'll have to make up a few kits but other than that we're good to go.

3 comments:

K1teach2 said...

Oooooh! That Meadowside is absolutely stunning! Just what I needed (not) - another must-knit to add to my Ravelry queue.

Jen said...

I have this gradient kit (same colour and all) in my stash and I've been waiting for just the right pattern to make with it - I think I'm going to use your brilliant idea and make Quaker Lines! I just love the way it's knitting up for you. :D

RedSometimes said...

See you there!