Friday, April 08, 2016

Colour Inspiration

Do you need some easy, mindless knitting? Take a look at the Sanibel Cowl. You are working in the round and all you need to know is knit, purl, purl 2 together and yarn over. I cast this one off last night and Lynn sewed the ends in today.
Pattern: Sanibel Cowl (free from Classic Elite)
Yarn: 2 balls of Santorini

It was so mindless that I started another one.
I need mindless this weekend. The Masters is on.

We've started to make up kits for the Frolic. I made a few for Exploration Station and then hit a bit of a wall. Every kit I made was the same colours.
All close to my shawl. I closed the store without anything exciting. When I got home I saw a picture on Twitter. Eureka.
Design Seeds is a great website that can help with colours that work together. This is Succulent Hues - image via: @mysuburbanfarm

This is Dune Tones - image via: @suertj 

I've saved some different inspirational pictures and I can't wait to play with merino light tomorrow morning.

No comments: