Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where do I start?

My sales rep just left after showing me the new Rowan and Berroco for fall.  WOW!  Can't wait for fall to get here.

I am going to start with Berroco.  Norah Gaughan Volume 7 is a collection of garments using the Ultra Alpaca line.  Ultra Alpaca (the original worsted weight), Lite (DK weight) and Fine (sock weight).

One of my favourite yarns from last fall was Blackstone Tweed.  There are seven new colours and we will have them next week.  One of my knitters will be getting the yarn to knit Dryad.  I think it will be the amazing new deep, deep purple or maybe the dark hunter green.  Turquoise or pink??  I must have a Jared garment to wear at the retreat!!

I started looking on Ravelry to see what people have used Blackstone Tweed for.  Take a look at Stratus from Norah Gaughan.
Stratus is scattered with details: textural seed stitch, 3/4 sleeves that can be turned up for a new look and garter bands at the lower and sleeve hems. High ribbing at the neckline and generous length make this a cozy, highly wearable cardigan.
In June we will have Blackstone Chunky.  Same yarn but knits on a 6.5mm needle.  Think of the possibilities.  There is a pattern book for the Blackstone Chunky as well.  My favourite design is a sweater with a big thick cable up the front and removable cowl neck.

I can't tell you too much about the Rowan-I would like to but I'm not allowed.  I will tell you that Rowan 48 is beautiful.  There are 3 themes.  The first is texture and all the garments are shown in beiges and greys.  Men and women-lots of cables.  The second section is colourful.  Fairisle and Tweed!!!  Lots of it.  The third section is very classic designs.  There are two new yarns for fall and new colours of existing yarns.    As the release of the yarns and books (many books) gets closer I will share more information with you.

The rest of my day has been spent making kits for the Frolic.  It is almost here and I'm not ready.  My cardigan isn't done either so I am going to sign off and pick up my needles.

No comments: