Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy Weekend

Another post with no pictures. Sorry. I am working away on my Noro cardigan. The back is almost done and I have started the second front. We were busy watching important TV last night and I didn't want to have to count for the shoulder shaping.

Yesterday afternoon was spent at my parent's best friends. We spend all holidays with their large, friendly, very loud family. Okay, Beth and I are loud as well. We watched the Masters while eating dinner-no complaints about that.

On Saturday I had a visit from a young lady who is thinking of opening a yarn shop. We talked for a while and I gave her some questions to think about. Some of the questions I asked her were things that were discussed while I was at the conference in Chicago last month. This got me thinking about opening my shop 22 years ago.

Did you know that when I opened
-there was no Internet (the commercial use started in 1988)
-most people didn't have personal computers
-no Debit cards
-we manually imprinted Visa and MasterCard slips

We have come a long way.

If you noticed my Tweets today, I spent all day working on the computer. Beth needed some work done which I finished and then worked on my year end. Almost done that and then I need to finish my GST. I'm thinking about quitting for the night and catching up on the Y&R.

No comments: