Saturday, November 28, 2020

My socks are growing

I made it to the toe. The socks are enjoyable. The colourwork adds interest - I think I would be bored if I was going around and around in one colour.

I finished a surprise project tonight and will block it tomorrow. I did Andrea Mowry’s Shift in Rasta. It would have knit quicker but I made lots of notes and had to rip out some rows. There are 3 colours of Rasta and I will make kits next week (with my notes). You will still need to purchase the pattern - my notes are an addendum.

I used the new Mindful needles from Knitter’s Pride with the swivel cord. The needles are called lace tips and they are sharper than Addi needles. I would recommend them - they slide nicely and the joins were good.

Churchmouse Yarns has a new free hat pattern.

If you’re looking for a taste of zippy stripes, our free pattern features headgear for the whole family—from newborn to large grown-up! We’ve created colorways in sets of three, so you can make a fun bundle of hats that aren’t too matchy.

The Bundle of Stripey Hats are knit using one regular skein of Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok and one of the Woolstok Bundles. These little yarn clusters contain three mini hanks each of seven different colors of Woolstok (total of 21 mini hanks). Worsted-weight Woolstok is made from Peruvian Highland wool—so your caps will be lofty, soft, lightweight, and warm!

Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok: 1 full skein in main color (MC) (123 yds/112m), plus 1 Woolstok Bundle (21 mini-skeins; 3 each of 7 colors; 12 yds/10m each). 
Note: We made three hats (one each 16, 18 and 20”) in playful stripe sequences with enough left for one more hat! 

Churchmouse used a skein of October Sky with the Holiday Frost Woolstok Bundle.

Download the free pattern.

Jenn Steingass (knit.love.wool) is having a pattern sale. I don’t know how much longer it is running so don’t wait.

Holiday Pattern Sale! Receive 40% off any of my patterns. The price change will reflect automatically at checkout. Thank you for your support this year!

See all her patterns on Ravelry.

I’m heading back to my socks. I might finish the toe before bed.

No comments: