Sunday, November 29, 2020

Afterthought Heel

The first sock is ready for it’s heel. This shows why you block when finished your knitting. My stitches aren’t lying flat and when blocked it will look a lot better.

The turquoise line of stitching is what I will remove to do the Afterthought Heel.
The waste yarn has been pulled out and the stitches are on lifelines. Now I pick them up and finish the heels. Andrea’s instructions are very clear and easy to follow. 
Deb emailed me a picture of her finished socks. Deb used Tough Love Sock in the colour Bison with Crazy 2332. They look great!!!

Finished! Enjoyed the colour work- they feel a little snug even on a 2.5 mm needle I’m usually knitting on a 2.0 or 2.25.

I am knitting my socks on 2.75mm needles and Lynn moved from 2.5mm to 2.75mm for hers.  

I borrowed this picture from Wannietta’s Instagram page. Notice how her heels and toes look a little fuzzy? Wannietta always adds a strand of Rowan Kidsilk Haze to the heels and toes to make them stronger.

I’m going to sign off and finish my heel. 





No comments: