Monday, September 28, 2020

Halfway


This is the halfway point of the main colourwork chart. (Blogger is acting up tonight and won’t let me justify my text to the left. Sorry - I’m too tired to start again.)

It’s good to be home. We had a great time at the cottage but there is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed or knitting in your comfortable chair. Beth and Boscoe drove home with me so that Lucy could have the whole back seat of the truck to herself and stretch out. Boscoe infringes on her space. I dropped Beth off at home and then headed to the store to water the plants. Four hours later I left the store. There are many boxes ready for Mr. Canada Post

High Lonesome is Caitlin Hunter’s latest design. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

High Lonesome is a classic unisex sweater with a timeless colorwork yoke design. This pattern is approachable for knitters of all levels. Just one color of Spincycle’s Dream State is used for the colorwork pattern, paired with The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers’ beautifully rustic Recollect sport weight wool (though you can use any yarn you like that gives you the proper gauge)! Combining worsted weight for the colorwork with a lighter sport weight for the body gives the pattern just a little extra “oomph” in the colorwork. Top-down design means you can try this sweater on as you go, so you can alter the length as needed for your perfect fit.
Photos © Caitlin Hunter

I think I have about 1/2 hour in me and then it’s time for bed. Tomorrow is a big day. We should see many boxes.


No comments: