Saturday, May 14, 2016

Great day to knit

What yucky weather. Cold. Wet. The perfect day to sit inside and knit. And boy have I been knitting. So much after work that I almost forgot about the blog post that I started hours ago. I've made it onto the fourth colour. Pictures tomorrow.

It's been a sock day today. People looking at sock yarn. Knitters trying their first pair of socks. Socks are a great project for long car rides. Or sitting at the soccer field. Or knitting by the pool. Or on a plane.

The new colours of Opal Sweet & Spicy 3 are amazing.
I'm all about fun colours for socks. This is Rainbow Solemate from Lorna's Laces.

Are you afraid of making socks? They look hard and the pattern sounds difficult but once you've made a pair you will see how manageable they are to make.

Kate Atherley has a tutorial for making socks - it's a free Ravelry download.
This pattern is quick and easy way to learn everything you need to know about the top-down sock. It’s designed to be a one-evening knit, and takes you through the entire process of knitting a top-down sock, without driving yourself mad with teeny-tiny needles and teeny-tiny yarn.
Using Double Pointed Needles

Using Magic Loop/2 Circulars

Now I'm going back to my knitting. I have a schedule in my head if I'm going to be finished in time for TNNA. I need another two hours tonight.

No comments: