Saturday, November 21, 2015

Architexture

Cathy dropped by yesterday afternoon with a new shawl. It is amazing!
Pattern: Architexture (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Train Case
Architexture is a rectangular scarf with pointed ends. Fully reversible, it is a collection of textures that enhance one another ~ made all the more striking because they are knitted on the bias. The frequent changes in stitch pattern keep the project engaging from beginning to end.

Although the pattern calls for fingering-weight yarn, sport and dk-weight yarns would work beautifully too. So choose a lovely solid or semi-solid yarn that will show off the variety of textures, and enjoy yourself as this elegant scarf takes shape in your hands.
I should have gone outside yesterday to take pictures when we had a bit of sun. It was snowing this morning so I was rushing.
I made it to the next colour on my Ombre Hood Cowl. It is really addictive because you want to get to the next colour. I hope to finish the cowl tonight or tomorrow morning so I can get back to my Doodler. I'm on the second clue and for some reason I've made two mistakes which means taking out rows. The clue isn't hard and I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. I'll be smarter when I get back to it.

No comments: