Sunday, January 19, 2014

Swatching

I got home from work last night and was so tired that I went to be before 7pm. I was up for about half an hour at 10 and then slept until 8 this morning. I guess the trip is catching up with me.

I've been doing some more swatching while watching football. It is scaring me-the swatching. The first football game had the right outcome-go Peyton. The second game isn't going my way right now. I haven't made three swatches in my whole life until this week.

Rowan Silkystones on 4mm needles. The yarn was really nice to knit with.
Classic Elite Bella Lino held double strand on 6mm needles.

Both swatches are soaking right now.

The Olympics will be starting in February and I need to pick something to knit while watching. I don't know how many years ago the Yarn Harlot started the Knitting Olympics but I have knit a sweater every Olympics since. There is group on Ravelry if you want to join the fun there. You don't have to knit a sweater. Pick any project you want. You can't cast on before the Opening Ceremonies and have to be finished by the end of the Closing Ceremonies. If you don't want to join a group on Ravelry, you can challenge yourself and see if you can do it. It's a great excuse to watch the Olympics.

I think that I will be creating a pattern with CustomFit for my double stranded tosh vintage. But the Olympics are 3 weeks away and I really want to try CustomFit-that's what the double strand of Bella Lino is for. Why double strand? If I'm going to help others with CustomFit then I need something knit up quickly. 6mm fits the bill. And I like how the colours are working. And I really want to knit with Bella Lino.

Clapotis is growing. I just joined the second ball.

Pashmina worsted feels great.



I was looking for something in the store yesterday and came across some patterns from Noni. Most are for felted purses but there was one for a sweater. Easy to make and looks great.
This sweater is a figure flattering classic that every woman needs in her wardrobe. Pattern includes options for neckline, sleeve length, and shaping, allowing knitters to create several multiple sweaters using different fibers to create varied seasonal looks. Flip the keyhole to the front for yet another interesting variation or greater emphasis on certain outstanding assets.
Gauge 20 sts and 28 rows over 4”/10 cm in St st on a US 8/5 mm needle or needle size to obtain gauge. For the results mentioned here, take time to check your gauge.
This would be awesome in tosh vintage or pashmina worsted!

I need to stop writing and get back to the football. The wrong team is winning.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I still have to pick a project for during the Olympics too. I believe the first Knit-Along was in 2004. I knit a red blanket ... I will have to check. :)

Samantha said...

I just checked ... 2006.