Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sunset

There were lots of hats waiting for me when I got home.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. There's still time to bring us in a hat. If you live out of town and would like to mail a hat that would be awesome too. We will put you in the draw for the Soakbox - three times for each hat - because shipping isn't cheap and we really appreciate the effort you made.


Kim has been working on another Color Play Mohair Wrap. After the first section she was ready to rip it out because she didn't like how the colours were playing. I wouldn't let her and now she's happy. She brought it in today to show it off. Sunset is the name that she has given it.
I wore my Color Play Mohair Wrap a few times at TNNA. Everyone wanted to pet it and know what yarn I used. I spoke with Kate who runs Rowan and begged her for more colours of Kidsilk Haze Stripe. She was non-committal but I'm hoping.

New colours of Spud & Chloe Sweater arrived while I was away.
Bloomsbury and Pine
  • Made of superwash 55% wool/45% organic cotton, it’s a worsted-weight yarn for everybody.
  • Weight: 100 grams
  • Approx: 160 yards/146 meters
  • Needle Size: Size 7-9/4.5-5.5 mm
  • Gauge: 4-5 sts per inch
Red Velvet and Rainstorm

The madelinetosh arrived while I was away as well. I'm going after work to start bringing it to the store. The website should be updated by tomorrow evening. There is so much to add. New tosh. New Rowan which should be arriving very soon - like maybe by the end of the week - but probably the beginning of next week. New Spud & Chloe. Restock of Blue Sky Alpacas. It's a good thing I got lots of sleep last night.

Slovenia - a free Kaffe Fassett pattern
Knit this womens striped top from Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 55 online, a design by Kaffe Fassett using the beautiful yarn Kidsilk Haze (super kid mohair and silk). With a drop shoulder, short sleeves and slash neckline, this knitting pattern is for the beginner knitter and is a free pattern to download.
Download the pattern...

I thought I was going to work tonight but that has changed. A few episodes of Homeland are on the schedule. I guess that is kind of like working because I'm going to knit. :) I can justify anything.

Knitting Classes


Monday evenings
7-8:30pm
6 weeks
$100
Start January 27, 2014

You've knit a scarf or cowl and are ready to start a larger project. Throw. Mittens. Hat. Vest. Sweater. Come and take a class with Nadine and she will get you started. You will learn new techniques on your project plus you will see what others are learning. Double pointed needles. Increases and decreases. Reading a pattern. The possibilities are endless.

Please note:
  • Class size is limited
  • We ask you to pay for the class in advance, either in person or over the phone
  • Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • Yarn for class to be purchased at The Needle Emporium
  • If the weather is bad, we will cancel that evening's class and add an extra week at the end - you will get 6 weeks of classes

No comments: