Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blocking

Yesterday afternoon Katherine Matthews (Purl Diving) delivered her two new patterns to the store.

Les Vignes
A lace shawl, that can be worked as either a traditional  triangle with 2 panels or as a "triple triangle" shawl with 3 panels; instructions and charts are given for both versions, in large and small sizes. For Intermediate knitters with some lace knitting experience.
The shawl is knit in sock yarn.

Mala
A lace cowl, with written and charted instructions for large and small sizes. For Intermediate knitters with some lace knitting experience.
The cowl is also knit in sock yarn.
I finished the Zig Zag Tam from Classic Elite some time ago but didn't block it.  Last night I decided to do it.  First it had a 10 minute bath in Soak. Then I took it out and put a dinner plate inside of it.  This helped to stretch it out.

Here it is in the bright sunlight.  Beth was not cooperating or I would have taken a picture of the hat on her head.

The first thing on my to do list for this afternoon is a nap.  I will set my alarm to wake up for the Nascar Race/golf/NCAA basketball. A rest is needed so that I can stay up tonight to watch The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice.

1 comment:

Lauraline said...

I love Les Vignes, this is exactly the pattern I'm looking for!