Friday, June 28, 2024

Lite Brite

This is the Lite Brite Shawl from Stephen West (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
This smooth semi-circle shawl begins at the top center and increases toward the border with simple slip stitch polka dots. These colorful dots remind me of the Lite Brite toy I played with when I was child. You could use lots of leftover sock yarns or mini skeins for the contrast colors or enjoy a fun color changing yarn like the sample shawl. Combine six skeins of West Wool Bicycle as the main color with two balls of Schoppel Wolle Zauberball crazy as the contrast color. The exaggerated wavy border finishes the shawl with a flourish.
Photos © Stephen West




We just received a restock of Crazy Zauberball and more will be coming next week.

Zauberball® has been kicked up a notch, as two strands of the main ply have been dyed individually and then twisted together for a crazy combination! The end result is a self-striping multi-colored pattern, with a bold variegated design!

I received an email this afternoon asking if we were still in business because our phone isn’t working again. As I’m writing I have been on the phone with Bell for 35 minutes. They can see that there is a problem but don’t know how to fix it. 😂 

At the 57 minute mark Beth called me and I put Bell on hold. Somehow I hung up from Beth which also ended my call with Bell. I guess we will deal with this next week.

I met the stagers at dad’s yesterday morning and they brought in bags and boxes of pillows, blankets, bedding, plants, books, accessories, lamps and art work.

Christina did an amazing job.



Beth and I are not having our house staged. With all of us living there it wouldn’t look this good for long. I did learn some things from Christina and realize that we need to declutter a lot more than we have.

Have a good evening. I’m heading upstairs to sort through more yarn. 

2 comments:

Luba said...

Stagers do a great job. Looks like it will move quickly

Julie Ann Hastie said...

Late catching up with your news. Your Dad is looking well with his fishing companions. Good luck with selling your homes. Great news that you have found such a perfect home together. Love these combo's you've put together for Stephen West's new shawl. Always striking!