Thursday, June 18, 2020

Very Light Green

Trina finished her Newleaf and it looks great. She used Biches and Buches Le Petit Lambswool in Very Light Green and Spincycle Dyed in the Wool in Truth Bomb.

Very Light Green was never on my radar but seeing it knit it up I really like it!
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
I finished this sweater on May 9, 2020 during pandemic quarantine, and since it has been such a cold miserable spring, I actually got to wear it before storing it for next year! I haven’t blocked it yet…hardly even needs it. I am thrilled with this sweater - when it all comes together in knitting, nothing like it! The pattern, the yarn…top notch. Such lightweight yarn..rustic, but soft…highly recommend. And Spincycle, well, there’s nothing like it really…I just love how the colours came out.

Over the weekend I talked about the So Fond of Rainbows from Frabjous Fibers. This is the Ziggity-Zag Blanket (free on Ravelry) that is knit with one kit of March Hare Worsted.
This snuggly, squishy chevron striped blanket is a great thrown for your lap, your kiddo, your armchair, your picnic, or wherever and whenever you need some cuddly color in your life! 
A customer asked me to put together some skeins of Hedgehog Skinny Singles to go with skeins that she already has. I came up with this.
I really like this combination. Really like it. It almost came home with me. What project? 
Stephen West’s Chevron Shenanigans (pattern purchased on Ravelry) was a fun knit and I would definitely make it again.


We are working on a soft opening for the store. It is going to be so soft that it will be outside. 

What does this mean? 

We are going to book appointments. One appointment per household. When you email me about an appointment please tell me what garment you are interested in making and I will email you back with links to yarn that you can use. You can let me know colours that interest you and I will put together two or three options. When you arrive you can look at the yarn in natural light and pick the one you like. We can tweak colours if we need to. Not a problem.

We will be outside with lots of distance between us. We are going to set up 6 foot tables, one for each customer in the parking lot. 

There will be two appointments available in each time slot. Appointments are 1/2 hour. This gives me time to clean and get ready for the next appointment.

We are going to have some samples outside for you to see. My knitters have been busy and I want to show off their work. 

For now as we transition into our soft opening the store will remain closed.

Our trial will be Wednesday June 24. Appointment times are 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. Please email me with an appointment time request and the pattern you are interested in.

Don’t worry if you can’t get an appointment because we are still doing curbside pick up. 

No comments: