Thursday, January 31, 2019

Joy

We have new colours of Alegria from Manos.
Alegría means "joy" in Spanish, and that's just what this hand-painted yarn is, a true color celebration!  
Easy-care with a rich, cushy hand, Alegria is perfect for socks, baby gear, or fun accessories.
Everyone who knits with Alegria comments on how soft it is and how great it is to work with.

There was another fun yarn in the box. Uneek Worsted from Urth Yarns.

100% Extrafine Merino
200m/220 yards in a 100 gram skein
machine washable
Beth scooped a skein and cast on a hat last night. She said the yarn is super soft and is very nice to knit with.




I am excited about something very little on the new website. (Sorry - I know you are hearing a lot about this lately but it is exciting. I like new and shiny and that's how the website is going to look.) Companies like madelinetosh, Hedgehog, GarnStories, LITLG and most companies who hand dye yarn don't add numbers to their colours. It is just names. For the old website we had to assign numbers. Back when we started adding tosh we didn't put the colours in alphabetical order and when I realized our mistake it was too late. That won't be the case on the new site. All tosh colours will be in alphabetical order. It will be so much easier for ordering.

When I arrived at work this morning it was cold in the store. My furnace wasn't working properly. It's 5:30 and I'm still here waiting for a repairman. The store isn't as cold now but I don't want to leave it overnight. Thankfully he arrived just after 6.

Did you watch the Masked Singer last night? I knew who the Unicorn was from the moment we were given the first clue on the first episode. Beth and I have a list of our guesses. I have two correct. Beth doesn't have one yet.

I'm home now. We had a quick dinner, the fireplace is on and we are both knitting. It'll be an early evening. Dad arrives home from Honduras late tomorrow night.

No comments: