Saturday, March 24, 2018

True Colors

My family isn't good at secrets. I can't believe I was able to wait until today to share.
On Thursday and Friday I wanted to share these pictures but I held them back to make sure there was a Saturday post.

I'm writing today's post ahead of time. There might not be time in the store on Saturday and when we close it's time to head to the airport. I land at 11pm PST so it'll be around midnight by the time I'm checked into my room. That is 3am our time. By the time I actually get settled into bed and asleep I will have been awake for almost 24 hours.

On Wednesday afternoon Alex and I made up some kits for True Colors. The kit consists of a 100 gram skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and 2 String Quintet kits. We took the kits apart and numbered the yarn as a suggestion for the order that they should be knit.

Alex is really good at putting together colours so I asked her to start on this while I was doing something else. She would pick up a String Quintet and then put it down. Then another. Finally I asked her what was wrong. She had the colours for the picture below but couldn't come up with another one. 'Nothing goes together'. We both looked at the kits and came up with the top combination. I love it. I want/need it :)


Pattern: True Colors (purchased on Ravelry)
Let your true colors shine in this eye-catching shawl!
Whether your style is bold, elegant, playful, or simply unique - you’ll find this asymmetrical triangle shawl to be the perfect playground for your personality. 
It knits up to a generous size, with a simple lace pattern creating a stunning scalloped effect. Eyelet stripes separate gradient color bands, which become the accent color when the scheme is reversed near the end. 
Use a Staccato Set by Lorna‘s Laces to create the gradients, or search through your stash for all those skeins of extra sock yarn you’ve been saving for a special project.

No comments: